Skip to main content

MRS. ROSELINE ORAH OGUCHE AKA MAMA ANKPA OR MAMA CHANNEL ONE

Hello everyone,
I know it has been a while I posted on the blog and I understand that you miss me...lol, I miss you too. I have been busy with the just concluded Savannah Virtuous Ladies Convention. I truly apologize and I promise to post regularly from now on. I will also do a post on the highlights of that event...we had an amazing time in God's presence.

Today makes it one year that my Grand Ma went home to be with the Lord. Words cannot express how much I miss her; all the things she did for us like sending okpehe (local seasoning), fish and herbs to us and how she took care of us. She was such an amazing woman with her gentle words and ever increasing heart, her home was and still is a haven for all kinds of people. She has three biological children but she is mother to so many that we have lost count.

I'm featuring her on the blog today because she was a #churchgirl, she showed the love of God to everyone around her and was such a lover of God. I wrote this piece in her honour.

Please enjoy, comment and share!

HEART OF GOLD
She carried the one that carried me
The mother of many, even though two
She married him who left before me
The father of many men, even though one.

Stern, firm, soft, gentle...kind, loving, generous, giving
Hers was a large heart, large enough to take the entire nation
As she kneels in prayer
Talking to the Lord of all creation.



Her priority was always people
"what will they eat, where will they stay"
As she went about her day, she took care of all and sundry
Even we all from Sunday...you took us all in!

Mama, you loved with a love so rare
That it could only be the love of God
Even at this point, we dare say, you'll forever live in our hearts
Even as you have joined your love, after so many years.

Oja Orah, we hail you, Mama Channel one we greet you
Amama the mama, you live on.
Your children love you, your grandchildren adore you
Your great grand children will look up to you
The ones unborn will hear epistles of you!

Adieu Mama, Rest on Mama
Good night Mama...until Christ raises us all up on that resurrection morning
You live forever in our hearts!
Mama, watching me get set for my wedding.












She was a church girl and she ROCKED!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE YOURSELF

BE YOU Every once in a while, we come across people who are far away from who they originally are, they have become photocopies, or prototypes and I dare say even counterfeits of themselves…its amazing how one can move away from one’s true self and very quickly too. People have become imitators of others; people they call mentors, celebrities, their parents or siblings, friends and even random individuals, all in the bid to be accepted or something like that. With this beautiful age of social media with Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat etc and reality shows, people have easy and unrestricted access to people’s ‘fake’ lives whether private or public and as you constantly feast on these shows and these profiles in the name of entertainment or keeping up with trends you start to change. You begin to subtly accept and agree with their ways, start to think like them and eventually begin to act like them. It may take a while because it’s a gradual process but it surely will happen and ...

PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS

There they are, sitting bright and sunny perched delicately, waiting to be unwrapped to reveal the creamy yummy goodness that is so sweet and decadent, smoothe and cool to the touch. Yes; ripe and ready to eat bananas are fancy like that. Lol, perfect! right?! But what would you say about overripe bananas? Sitting at the back of the kitchen counter top or even closed away at the back of a kitchen cupboard; forgotten or on purpose left to grow and mature. It starts getting brighter but after a while dark brown spots and black patches begin to appear on them as they stay longer. They look off and unappealing, dark and unattractive but guess what they are still very PERFECT, discoloration and even time makes them perfect for the yummiest banana bread loafs and cakes like those from @sweetstuffkitchen. Okay okay, enough musings about bananas... FAM, don't wait to be perfect! your IMPERFECTIONS are what makes you unique, different and I dare say, PERFECT. Do not deprive humanity of your...

CHURCH GIRL

Hello everyone, Today is Wednesday and we would like to feature a church girl that truly rocks!  Life can be daunting at times but if you truly rely on God to see you through then you will rise above all and walk in the way as the Lord leads you. God has designed us and all that He does is good...perfect if i must add. so therefore, you are good and perfect and I dare say you are a perfect example for others to follow...you are a HERO! This piece is about one of my heroes. You can also tell us about your own heroes; comment on the post or email us at iamachurchgirl@gmail.com. Enjoy! HERO WORSHIP Do you know who I am? -         Ask your neighbour... Do you know who I am? I am the princess of the most High God Possessor of the heaven and the earth I am the righteousness of God The healed and the helped of the Lord The Apple of God's eyes The only sugar in His tea...hahaha YES! And I am a fellow virtuous la...